General Dentist Houston, TX
Practicing good oral hygiene and going in for regular checkups are both essential for maintaining your oral health. Teeth and gums impact the health of the entire body. As such, it is important to choose a good general dentist.
At Eva Boldridge DMD PA, we understand the importance of maintaining good oral health. We provide general dentistry in Houston and the surrounding area. Call us today at (281) 779-4022 to schedule an appointment.
Who Benefits From Our General Dentist Services
We work with patients throughout the Houston area to provide ongoing and preventative oral health care. We can treat patients of all ages and focus on ensuring that they are comfortable during every procedure. The team at Eva Boldridge DMD PA is highly trained, and works with Dr. Boldridge to keep our patients teeth and gums in good health. By focusing on preventative care, we can help our patients live a full life. After all, a major tooth infection can create oral pain and make it difficult to enjoy even the most basic of normal activities like eating your favorite piece of pie or playing a game of softball. If you don't currently have a dentist, call (281) 779-4022 to schedule an appointment and experience how our general dentistry services can keep you in good oral health.
We believe in the importance of painless dentistry. Understanding that millions of adults suffer from some form of dental anxiety, we search for ways to treat patients without causing any oral pain. Whether you have anxiety that needs to be addressed or are worried about feeling uncomfortable, the team at Eva Boldridge DMD PA is trained on how to keep patients comfortable no matter what type of dental procedure is being performed. We strive to be a dental office that can be trusted for providing high-quality and pain-free oral health care.
Houston, Texas General Dentist
What is a General Dentist?
Many people are unsure about the services that a general dentist provides. While the term "general" is often describes people that provide only the basics, the same cannot be said about our dental office. The team at Eva Boldridge DMD PA provide a wide variety of services for patients throughout the Houston area. We start with preventative care through education, teeth cleanings, and dental exams. We work to keep our patients' teeth and gums healthy and in good condition. Without preventative health care and regular teeth cleanings, infections can develop and spread; eventually creating bone loss in both the teeth and the jawbone, which can lead to teeth falling out. With the majority of adults suffering from some form of tooth loss, preventative health care is not an option but a necessity.
Additionally, we focus on restorative dentistry. When a patient injures their tooth, we will work to correct it in a way that appears completely natural and makes it possible to eat, speak, and behave normally. This is incredibly important for the millions of adults that injure their teeth every year while playing sports, getting into a car wreck, or injuring their teeth at work. By focusing on restorations, the team at Eva Boldridge DMD PA make it possible for patients to keep their natural teeth for as long as possible.
If a patient loses their tooth, we can also replace it using a variety of modern dental procedures. Gone are the days where a lost tooth could not be replaced. Now there are multiple options for doing so and we can accommodate a variety of patient requests in our general dentistry office. This makes it possible for adults of all ages to maintain the functionality that can only come from having a full set of teeth.
To learn more about what options are available for restoring or replacing your teeth, call 281-779-4022 to schedule your appointment. We will conduct a thorough exam and make recommendations for what can be done to restore the full functionality and appearance of your smile.
Check out what others are saying about our general dental services on Yelp: General Dentist Houston
We provide general dentistry to patients. If there are any additional necessary procedures that are outside of our experience, we will refer you to an oral surgeon or other provider that we collaborate with on a regular basis. Our goal is to keep our patients in the best possible health so that when their health requires collaboration with other health care providers, we will bring them into the conversation. For the most part, we can complete numerous types of dental care.
If you are located in the greater Houston area, visit us at Eva Boldridge DMD PA to discuss the goals you have for your smile. Our team works with patients to create a beautiful smile that they can be proud of. Our general dentistry office has the solutions patients' need for transforming their smile into something that is straight, bright, white, and beautiful. Regardless of why you do not like your smile, we can help by fixing any cosmetic or health issues to create something beautiful and natural. To learn more, call (281) 779-4022 to schedule an appointment.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
Back to top of General Dentist
Wondering why a General Dentist will take X-rays of their patients? According to the American Dental Association, dental X-rays are a useful diagnostic tool for helping a dentist detect damage and disease not visible during a regular dental exam.Considering choosing a general dentist in Houston? Many dental patients look for a local dentist for convenience.…
Thinking about choosing a general dentist to fix one or more chips in the teeth? One of the reasons why people are deciding to see general dentists is because they are very versatile dental professionals. This means they can offer both general and cosmetic dental services, even as it relates to chipped teeth. Examples of procedures…
Routine Dental Cleanings are essential for maintaining good oral health. Aside from at-home oral hygiene, dental cleanings from a general dentist are the best way to keep the teeth and gums healthy. There are a few associated preventive benefits that come along with maintaining these appointments. Aside from having an appealing smile, individuals can reap…
Dental crowns are used in general dentistry very frequently as they are quite versatile. They can solve a number of problems ranging from a simple chip to a severe break. When considering dental restorations, it is worth looking into dental crowns. Outside of being versatile, they are offered in different materials, which can be helpful…